Monday 1 December 2014

November Wrap-Up

I read a total of 6 novels and 1 short story during November!

1. The Cider House Rules by John Irving


My friend and I did a thing where we lent each other our favourite books, and this was one he gave me. He has incredible taste in books, let me tell you! This was so good! (A central theme in the novel is abortion though, so if you're not into reading about that, I wouldn't recommend it.)

Rating: ★★★★★

2. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins


DON'T LET THE DUMB TITLE AND CHEESY COVER FOOL YOU. This is the second book in the companion series by Stephanie Perkins, the first one being Anna and the French Kiss. I read the first one forever ago and absolutely loved it, so I don't know why I picked this one up so late! I think I may have liked this one a little better than Anna, but they're both incredible. I seriously need to read the third one. 

Rating: ★★★★★

3. The Humans by Matt Haig


I did a full review on this book, so click here if you would like to know my thoughts!

Rating: ★★★★★

4. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien


A short story I had to read for my lit class, and I really enjoyed it! Insightful, beautiful, and sends a good message about identity and what is worth holding on to. 

Rating: ★★★★

5. The Outsider by Albert Camus


Another book I had to read for class! I didn't really like any of the characters, but I did like the writing style. I have a thing for unreliable narrators, and Meursault was definitely one. I found it interesting, but at the same time it wasn't really my cup of tea. I might do a full review on this. (You might also know this book as The Stranger or L'Etranger. They're all the same thing.)

Rating: ★★★

5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


I'm planning on doing a series review on these books when I finish the third one, so I'm not going to say much! 

Rating: ★★★★★

6. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


Saw this one coming, didn't you? Again, I plan on doing a review as soon as I finish the third book!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment