Wednesday 17 December 2014

TMI Book Survey!

So, this is a tag taken from BookTube (called the TMI Tag - BookTube Edition), that I thought I would answer here, because it seems like a lot of fun! It's basically just me answering a bunch of book related questions, let's go! (The original can be found here.)

1. Who's clothing style from a book do you like?
The first person that comes to mind is Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments, because she has a really kickass sense of fashion. I feel like I would also love Bronwyn's from Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, because she seems to know what she's talking about. Or anyone from any book set in the 1800s because yes please.

2. Your book boyfriend/fictional crush?
Oh my. Are you really asking me to chose just one? I'm going to have to go with Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs from The Infernal Devices. They're from the same book so I can have both, right?

3. Ever loved a character but then started hating them?
Four from Divergent. Loved him in Divergent, tolerated him in Insurgent, hated him in Allegiant. I really don't like that book series at all.

4. Biggest/longest book on your shelf?
It by Stephen King. According to Goodreads it has more pages than Under the Dome, but I'm too lazy to go check my editions.

5. Heaviest book on your shelf?
Again, either It or Under the Dome by Stephen King. Or the bind up of the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.

6. Do you have any book posters? 
Unfortunately, I do not.

7. Do you have any book themed jewelry? 
I do! I have a Harry Potter bracelet and quite possibly some other things that I'm forgetting. 

8. Book OTP?
Probably James and Lily Potter.... but I have a lot.

9. Favourite book series?
HARRY POTTER ALL THE WAY. 

10. Favourite book to movie soundtrack?
Catching Fire was good. So was If I Stay, but I haven't actually seen that movie. 

11. A book story you miss/wish would continue?
Harry Potter. And The Infernal Devices. 

12. Favourite Standalone? 
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. And Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. And a million others that I'm not going to name.

13. When did you start reading?
When I was like... 5. 

14. Which Hogwarts house are you in?
I've always been in Slytherin, but the last time I took the Pottermore quiz, it sorted me into Ravenclaw. That changed everything in my life.

15. Quality you look for in a book?
Fast paced. 

16. Favourite book quote?
"Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them."

17. Favourite author?
Sylvia Plath, J.K. Rowling, Oscar Wilde, Rainbow Rowell, Cassandra Clare, and too many others.

18. Favourite book cover. 
The Retribution of Mara Dyer! Mostly because what's on the cover was actually a scene described in the book and it made me happy. 

19. Action or romance?
BOTH. 

20. Where to you go when a sad moment happens?
Into a very dark corner from which I don't emerge for years. 

21. How long do you need to finish a book?
Depends on the book. Anywhere from an hour to a year. 

22. How long is your mourning period?
This depends. But usually I'm good after a few hours. Or days. Or years.

23. Least favourite book?
Fallen Too Far and Never Too Far by Abbi Glines. Ugh. These were SO BADLY WRITTEN and I felt offended as a woman while I was reading a lot of it. I've stayed far away from new adult ever since.

24. Turn on in a character?
Witty. 

25. Turn off in a character? 
Judgemental. 

26. Name a scary book. 
Pet Sematary by Stephen King (or anything Stephan King). 

27. Last book that made you cry?
The Cider House Rules by John Irving.

28. Last book that you gave 5 stars?
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson.

29. Any favourite book titles?
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh.

30. Last book you read? 
Judging a Book by Its Lover: A Field Guide to the Hearts and Minds of Readers Everywhere by Lauren Leto.

31. Books you're currently reading?
Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham, Sophie's Choice by William Styron, Bone by Jeff Smith, and slowly but surely getting through The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales. 

32. Last book adaptation you watched?
Mockingjay part 1! 

33. A book character you've always wanted to talk to?
Draco Malfoy.

34. An author you've always wanted to talk to?
J.K. Rowling. (This is getting a bit repetitive, isn't it?)

35. Favourite book snack?
I don't eat while I read! So probably a hot beverage of any kind. 

36. Book world you want to live in?
Harry Potter! 

37. Book world you don't want to live in?
1984 by George Orwell. Or any dystopian world. 

38. Last time you smelled a book?
Probably not that long ago. 

39. Weird insults used in a book?
I can't think of any off of the top of my head, but there were probably some great ones in The Mortal Instruments. 

40. Favourite romance book?
Fangirl & Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, Anny and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, and My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. I love my YA contemporaries, leave me alone.

41. Do you write?
All the time. 

42. Favourite magical item? 
Wands. 

43. Your Quidditch position?
Let's be real, I would be terrible at Quidditch.

44. Name a song you connect to a book. 
Erm. Can I say Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something to Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote? Too late, I did. 

45. Favourite book related chat up line?
YOU LIKE BOOKS? COOL, SO DO I. 

46. Have you ever used it?
Unfortunately, I have.

47. Favourite book fandom?
Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. 

48. How many books do you own?
I'm going to say around 200, give or take. I don't actually know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment